Revised Standard: Hydrogen Sulfide Training Programs (ANSI/ASSE Z390)
Friday, September 22, 2017
ANSI/ASSE recently revised their standard for Accepted Practices for Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S)Training Programs – ANSI/ASSE Z390. The standard is intended to help organizations whose employees face potential H2S exposure by guiding them through the implementation of proper training to protect the workers.
Covered topics in the standard:
- minimum content of the course
- recommended exercises and drills
- physical/chemical properties and characteristics of H2S
- sources and areas of potential H2S exposure
- detection methods
- engineering/mitigation controls
- properties, characteristics and safe work practices of sulfur dioxide (SO2)
- selection, use and care of personal protective equipment appropriate for atmospheres containing H2S concentrations above the applicable occupational exposure limit
- rescue techniques and first aid procedures for victims of H2S exposure
- H2S Safety Instructor qualifications
To learn more and purchase the standard, visit ASSE’s website.
To find out more about this topic, click here.
denotes original PSARA content