Spill Prevention, Control & Countermeasure Plans
Oil pollution prevention regulations require facilities that store more than 1,320 gallons of oil in aboveground containers to prepare a Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plan. PSARA can prepare an SPCC Plan for your facility that meets the following objectives:
- Identify regulated containers (including aboveground storage tanks, mobile/portable containers, and oil-filled equipment)
- Identify potential release scenarios
- Describe discharge prevention and containment measures
- Describe discharge response procedures
- Provide a list of emergency contacts
- Outline notification requirements
The SPCC Plan will be certified by a licensed Professional Engineer, as required by the rule.
For Tier 1 qualified facilities (i.e., facilities with no individual aboveground oil storage container greater than 5,000 gallons), PSARA can assist site personnel in completing the template in Appendix A of the SPCC rules, which may then serve as the facility’s SPCC Plan; this plan can be self-certified, saving the cost of a formal site inspection.
Download our free SPCC Inspection Checklist Template from the SolutionsTRAK EHS SolutionsBLOG.